Thunderbolt3 High-Speed USB Hub
16 USB3.1 ports, each with 5Gb/s transfer speeds to Thunderbolt3 host connection
Transfer Speeds up to 40 Gbits per second!
If you have large data syncing requirements and want to take advantage of the data transfer speeds offered by Thunderbolt3, the Cambrionix ThunderSync3-16 (US Model: DS-ThunderSync3-16) is the perfect way to meet your needs. Thunderbolt3™ is twice as fast as the prior Thunderbolt2™!
This advanced 16-port Thunderbolt™ hub developed by our partner, Cambrionix, delivers increased speeds for transferring data between a host Thunderbolt connection and 16 attached devices, even USB2.0 devices.
TS3-16 is mostly designed for rack-mount applications when speed and scalability are critical. No other commercially available hub compares in speed and software management features.
Cambrionix ThunderSync3-16 (US Model: DS-ThunderSync3-16) is available in a standard 19” rack design that includes an integrated power supply (continuous provision of 2.4 amps per port (12 W) – with smart-sense technology providing the exact charge necessary to any connected device).
Thunderbolt3 upstream connectivity, with 16 USB3.2 Gen1 5Gbps downstream ports offering a transfer rate of 40 Gbp/s*. It can also be daisy-chained, allowing up to 96 attached devices, all capable of the same level of transfer with no end-point limitations. Some computers are limited in the number of USB devices that can be attached. The ThunderSync3 does not have this limitation due to each port having its own USB host controller.
Additional features include management software such as Cambrionix API, LiveViewer and CLI management apps, plus up-dateable firmware. ThunderSync3 contains an Intel and Apple, Thunderbolt-certified, design which provides a robust interface between large numbers of USB devices and the Thunderbolt interface. It uses a number of programmable components and microcontrollers in order to get the very best from the various internal interfaces within ThunderSync3, providing robust, high-speed data transfer for the most demanding and mission-critical applications.
*Thunderbolt™3 is rated at 40 Gbps, but note that 8 Gbps is reserved for video data, and therefore the real data rate is 32 Gbps. 32Gbps/16 ports = 2Gbps per port
Cambrionix ThunderSync3-16 (US Model: DS-ThunderSync3-16) features:
- Compact, durable, easy-to-use form factor
- 16 USB 3 ports with IntelligentCharge and Manage.
- Each and every one of the 16 ports can achieve transfer USB SuperSpeed of 5Gbps, making quick work in transferring huge amounts of data.
- Integrated power supply, rated for continuous provision of 2.4 amps per port (12 W) – intelligent charging of any device.
- Thunderbolt to USB 3.2 Gen 1 managed industrial USB hub. Provides 40Gbps vs 480Mbps for standard hubs.
- Supports SDP, CDP, DCP, BC1.x, SE1, Apple, Samsung, ACA-x, YD/T-1591, RIM etc.
- Application Programming Interface (API) for control and monitoring of ports. Available for Mac / Windows / Linux (x86/Arm).
- Up to 96 mobile devices can be charged and managed with two Thunderbolt™ 3 ports for daisy-chaining six ThunderSyncs.
- Compatible with Apple Configurator, iTunes and most MDM software packages as well as GroundControl and others.
- Live Viewer App.
- No end-point limitation. Due to its unique design, it has at least four times more USB endpoints than a typical host computer. This is a clear benefit for applications which suffer from endpoint limitations when using standard USB hub architectures.
- Two Year RTB warranty.
- UL Certified
- UK designed and manufactured by Cambrionix
Scale to meet your needs.
Daisy chain with other devices to be able to charge, sync and monitor 96 devices.
Up to six ThunderSync3-16s can be daisy-chained to a single host computer, allowing data to be transferred at 5Gbps to over 96 mobile devices.
The Unique Cambrionix API – For Advanced Programming
For more technical users, we can provide a Mac, Windows and Linux API (Application Programming Interface), enabling you to develop your own scripts for testing procedures and monitoring. Our API also offers individual USB port controls allowing you to change the status of each individual USB port using your own script via our Cambrionix API. Our API has been used by customers and third-party software developers (such as GroundControl) to create seamless and sophisticated device management capabilities.
Cambrionix ThunderSync3 Charging
Cambrionix ThunderSync3-16 – The fastest way to transfer data and test devices!
Whatever task you are responsible for, make sure you do it faster with the ThunderSync!
- Independently safety tested by the Underwriters Laboratory (UL) under file #E346549.
- CE tested and marked.
- CB certificate.
- FCC Part 15 tested and marked.
- RoHS Compliant.
- Thunderbolt certification from Intel and Apple.
- China CCC certification (pending).
- Japanese PSE certification (pending).
- ThunderSync offers ESD protection, over-voltage protection, over-current protection and over-temperature protection and complies with the latest EN60950 safety requirements for ITE.
- Operating ambient temperature: 0 to 35 degrees Celsius.
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing.
- PSU AC Input: 100-240V / 3A Max / 47-63Hz.
- DC Output: 5.2V / 2.4A per USB port.
Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt2 and Thunderbolt3 are trademarks of Apple Inc.